2/22 Update

2/22: After taking the ventilator tube out a week ago, he did will for a few days, but then just got too tired, so they had to put the tube back in. It's so hard and so difficult that this happened, but I also don't want him struggling. Being able to visit and just be with him him and encourage him this past week has been a blessing. I love him so much and I'm really glad that I was able to speak hope and love into him.

The plan is to do a tracheostomy sometime this week to give him air more directly. The doctor said that all his organs look good- his heart, kidneys, etc. - it's just that he needs more strength. So, the doctor said the tracheostomy will allow him the time to build up his strength to hopefully be able to breathe on his own and have it removed and then do rehab to recover fully. Oh that is my prayer.

Sometimes it just feels so surreal. I can't believe we're in this place. My dad, so strong, a runner, one of the strongest, wisest, funniest, loving people I know. It's so hard, but I'm continuing to hope, to pray, to ask the Lord to heal him and help him fully recover, in Jesus' name. I so appreciate each of your prayers for him- you have no idea how much it means. 

Love,
Linsey

Comments

  1. Thank you for this up-date Linsey. Praying that this Trach will be the answer to building
    your Dad’s strength back. Praying for you and your precious family and praying for Tom and his body to completely recover!!!!! My Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Peggy- Your prayers and encouragement just means so much to us.

      Delete
  2. Still praying every day for your dad Linsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending healing love to your dad and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers all day for a Wonderful Man and his Loving family. Please give Mom a Hug a kiss from Rick and Ann. We will keep up the Prayers from our entire family. I look forward to seeing my Brother again, giving him a great big hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rick. That means so much to us.

      Delete
  5. Prayers all day for a Wonderful Man and his Loving family. Please give Mom a Hug a kiss from Rick and Ann. We will keep up the Prayers from our entire family. I look forward to seeing my Brother again, giving him a great big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linsey, I am praying everyday for strength and healing for Tom.

    Thank you for keeping all of us updated on how Tom is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the update Linsey. I am so glad to hear you were able to spend time with him. I’m sure it makes a world of difference. My family and I are all praying for Tom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dean. That means so much to us.

      Delete
  8. Praying for your father, Linsey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diana! We appreciate it so much.

      Delete
  9. Praying for your dad and whole family! May he continue to heal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, 4/14

The Big Day! 8/31/2021