Saturday, 4/3

 I'm thankful that my dad has been able to add two hours to doing the trach. collar each day, which is basically like using a nasal canula since the vent is turned off during that time. He's up to almost 8 hours. Thank you, Lord. Praying he can continue increasing that so he can finally get off of it for good. The pneumonia is clearing up, and I'm praying that it clears up completely and doesn't come back. 

I'm so glad I was able to see him yesterday and get to see him this morning. I'm so grateful that they allow visitors and that one of us has been able to go up and see him each day. 

Happy Easter to each of you. I was talking with my dad about how rehab will be a lot of hard work but that that is what will lead to him getting better. I told him that Easter makes me think of what Jesus went through during that difficult time of dying on the cross, and then how he rose again which led to the wonderful gift of us being able to be with Him forever. That sometimes you have to go through the hard things to get to the good things. And, in his optimistic style, he nodded in agreement. 

He's always been the one to tell me that life is a roller coaster and sometimes it goes down but then it comes back up again. Praying that it keeps going up for my dad, that he can get off the trach. for good, that his body will be protected from any infections, that the Lord's hand of protection will be on him completely and that he can go to rehab so he can start recovering and finally be at home with us. In Jesus' Name, amen. 

We're thankful for you and I pray the Lord encourages each of you this Easter weekend.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the continued updates.

    We continue to pray for healing and strength for Tom.

    Love you all.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lauritz. That means so much to us!

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter to all of y’all! Continuing to pray and lift y’all up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2/22 Update

Wednesday, 4/14

The Big Day! 8/31/2021