Saturday, July 17th

 My dad has been on trach collar since I last wrote! He's been doing great. Yesterday he was on 40% with the PMV in (the speaking valve). Many times, he would desatt with the PMV, but he did great with it yesterday. And, then last night, they lowered the percent he's on to 35%.

After having so many visits of my dad mouthing words and both of us being frustrated in me not being able to read lips, when I went to see my dad yesterday, it was SO awesome to actually be able to hear his voice. To know exactly what he's saying. To have a conversation with him. To hear him talking to the nurses about his work at JP Morgan and the passion he has for helping people because he cares about them. To hear him talk about their vision and also the importance of long term growth in investments and not quick fixes- wisdom he has shared with me my entire life.

To hear him talk about when he first saw my mom and how her beauty drew him to her. But, how his love for her goes far deeper than that. How he is in awe of her loving heart, her strength, and how amazing she is. 

To hear him say that my "enthusiasm" is what will help my Mother Daughter devotional do well when it launches in the fall. How that hard work will pay off. I got to hear those words come out of my dad's mouth. It was awesome.

When dad would retell the same story again and again before all this happened, I could see myself saying, Dad you've told us this 100 times. But, this time, I couldn't get enough, and wanted to hear it again and again and again. I just sat and listened. It was pure joy to hear his passion and just to simply hear him. Such a gift. 

Comments

  1. Oh, Linsey! What GREAT news! I was getting teary-eyed reading your comments. Blessings to you, and love and hugs to Tom and Dianne. Love to all of you, Aunt Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for sharing the details of the conversations (it gives us more insight into who Tom is). Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very thrilled to hear about Tom's ongoing, long rewarded recovery. Your family reminds me so much of ours with a strong will to pull through very difficult situations with HOPE, Faith and LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such awesome news about him doing better is music to my ears!
    Such a great relief that this horrible thing may be over soon, I can only hope and keep praying for Tom and his adoring family! Thank you Lindsey for all the updates..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so surprised to get a FaceTime call from your dad yesterday. It was great to see his smiling face! Praying for his continued recovery. Tell him I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linsey, this was wonderful to read. Love to you all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2/22 Update

Wednesday, 4/14

The Big Day! 8/31/2021