Monday, October 25th

 I wanted to share this beautiful post from my brother:

“Reversion To The Mean”
- Tom Alison
Yesterday, the world lost a special man, a friend, a Fraternity brother, a mentor, a teacher, a man in love with Jesus, a brother, a father, a grandfather, and an AMAZING Husband to my mom. But Heaven hit the jackpot and gained a man that will light up any room, a man who is now resting but also celebrating with Jesus. He fought an incredible battle against COVID for 10.5 months and we fulfilled our promise to him in getting him home before having to go back to the hospital. I let him know I had never met a stronger human with more endurance than anyone else and that I thought I had done the impossible in completing 2 Ironmans but that did not touch how strong he was over the last 10.5 months. There were so many miracles along the way because the Doctors / Nurses could not believe how strong my dad was, how many obstacles he was able to overcome and they underestimated the strength of the ‘Alison Smile’ and our families love and determination. Over these last 10.5 months we were able to share so many smiles, laughs, work discussions, life discussions, some arguments:), and a special celebration of his and my mom’s 49th wedding anniversary. I had bought about 7 anniversary cards so he could choose one for my mom and write something in it…he took about 10 minutes reading through each one, then narrowed it down to 3 then picked the one he loved. 2 days later my mom came in to be with him on their 49th anniversary and when she opened his card she began to cry because she knew how special their love is, he had picked the exact same card my mom picked out for him…that’s true love and truly shows they were one.
My dad has touched and changed so many lives…from co-workers, to family to friends to a stranger who delivers his fire wood. When I told the man who delivers the fire wood, about him being very sick in the hospital from COVID I noticed he became emotional and I didn’t understand why, then he told me that his 11 year old son was going through some tough times and my dad did not know this but he had stopped him as he was helping unload the firewood for his dad simply talked with him. I mean really talked with him and listened…the father continued on to let me know that my dad spoke to his son about life, work ethic and that if he put his mind to it he can do anything he wants in life. He told me that my dad touched his sons heart in a way no one else ever has and for that he was eternally grateful. That was my dad to so many. He cared and always would pause and take the time to talk to people no matter what he had going on. He was a giver in so many ways and that smile will never be forgotten. He even continued touching lives while in the hospital where every nurse and doctor reached out to let us know how special dad was to them. We still have nurses reaching out via text or calls to let us know that dad literally changed their lives and seeing our family and the love we share for each other has touched them forever. The nurses and doctors were so amazing at both Northside and Emory and for that we are so grateful…and thank you to the many friends and family that have been so supportive to our family. We keep you all in our prayers daily.🙏🏼
Our relationship began in 1976, the day I was born, that day our father / son relationship began, it then began to grow…he became one I looked up to and learned from, we then became best friends, and then Kappa Sigma Fraternity Brothers (AEKDB), and to both of our surprises we became business partners. I have no words to express the amount of love, respect and admiration I have for my dad. We had our moments of frustration, no doubt, but we always left the office letting each other know we loved them. He taught me how to listen (though we definitely both know how to talk, a lot🥰), how to be a good friend and an amazing dad to my own son, Dax and a loving husband to my wife, Leslie. He taught me so much and I took it all in like a sponge, even when I did not want to admit it…because he was right more than he was wrong. I did not even realize it until clients began telling me that they thought they were speaking to my dad on the phone and that I am exactly like my dad. That was always the greatest compliment I could ever ask for...every client became a part of our family in a way and became close friends. He always said, our minimum to work with our team is that you are a good person first and formost. If you don’t meet that minimum it’s end of discussion.
Dad, you will be missed by so many but know you will always be with us and cheering us all on from Heaven, always looking over us. I know he has now probably met everyone in Heaven and became best friends. He is celebrating his life on earth and is now living his eternal life with Jesus. As he says often, “Reversion to the Mean”, he was created by God and is now back by his side…and if ever someone wanted to find my dad at a party, networking event or large gathering, all I had to do was say look around the room and when you see a large gathering of people surrounding one person, with everyone listening intently to the stories he was telling, that one person would be my dad. His PASSION was felt by so many through his smile and incredible stories. Every time he told the story of how he met my mom at Riverbend Apartments, proposed on the 4th date and stayed married for 49 years, you would think he was telling it for the very first time. That’s how much he loved my mom and loved to tell the story about meeting the woman who changed his life forever and made him into the man he is today. His love for my mom was unconditional and he made sure to tell everyone he knew, even those he met in passing.
So cheers to you dad, and rest assured I will pick up the reins and continue on your incredible legacy. I am my Father’s Son and am so proud to have been your son, best friend, fraternity brother and business partner. We had a special relationship or as my dad says, “we had a strange and wonderful relationship, he is strange and I am wonderful.”🥰
I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK DAD. We will all make you proud and carry on your love and passion for helping others and being there for those who need to talk.
-Brett THOMAS Alison
Lieutenant Thomas Walsh Alison
12/11/1944 - 10/21/2021























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, 4/14

2/22 Update

The Big Day! 8/31/2021