Thursday, 3/18

I'm thankful the move to Emory LTAC went well. I know it was a lot for dad, but I have to remember even though change is uncomfortable, like going to a new place, change can be good and just what's needed. I'm praying this is the step he needs to get off the ventilator. Visitors can come three times a week. While I wish we could come more, I'm thankful we can visit at all as they are just allowing visitors again.

This has been a long road, is a long road, and will be a long road, but my dad to be one of the strongest people I've ever known, and I know he can do it with the Lord's help. Our motto: a day at a time.

I want to thank the doctors and nurses Northside who spent countless hours taking care of my dad in the little things and the big things. We will be forever grateful to you. Thank you for getting to know my dad and seeing the love, grit, and wonderful personality he has. Thank you to the custodians for ensuring that my dad was comfortable in his room and always warming it with a smile. Thank you to the front desk staff who constantly connected our calls to the nurses three or more times a day, for caring, and making a difference in a small big way. 

If you want to see one of the specific stories about how a nurse made a difference to us, I shared it on my Blog I write about Faith & Parenting: https://linseydriskill.com/2021/02/22/its-the-small-big-things/

We're all weary, but we get strength from each other, the Lord, and knowing you're walking this with us and praying for my dad. I know this is a long journey, but I think about how my dad ran a marathon at 65, I think about how my dad never gave up on me in those crazy teenage years, I think about how my dad's mom married seven times yet instead of being bitter he simply loved her, I think about my dad being married to the love of his life for 48 years, I think about how even at 76 my dad has been working full time, doing all the yard work and is one of the most persevering people I know. 

I think about his wit, his wisdom, his joy, his smile, his heart, his encouragement, his constant belief in me, and I think about us getting to sit together in the family room together and walk to the jetties in Destin together. 

Oh, Lord, we pray for that. We thank you for your goodness. We pray for your mercy and grace, Lord. That you would give my dad the strength and healing to be fully restored. We pray you would allow him to get off the ventilator for good, Lord. Would you heal his lungs that people would be in awe of You. Lord, we pray you would work a Miracle in my dad and that he would grow so much stronger and be able to be at home with us soon. Thank you, Lord. Would you bless each person reading this. Would you meet them right where they are and speak your love to their hearts also. Thank you for your great love for all of us. In Jesus' Name, amen. 

"Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by  your greta power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8



Comments

  1. Praying with you and love you all so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good news, I know Tom can feel all the love and prayers being said on his behalf! Thank you, Linsey, for keeping us updated. Love and hugs to all of you! Aunt Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for praying for US, your readers, right along with the prayer for your father. That touched me. Lord, we pray you will help Tom get off the ventilator for good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Thanks so much, Diana. And, I'm glad that encouraged you. Thanks so much for praying.

      Delete
  4. Love to all! Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2/22 Update

Wednesday, 4/14

The Big Day! 8/31/2021