Sunday, 4/11

I'm so thankful that they have been able to start weaning my dad off the ventilator. They were going to do 4 hours today, but he was doing so well, that they moved it to 5 hours. Their goal is 12 hours tomorrow and then if he does that, 24 hours the next day. He's obviously very frustrated, but I know that fight he has will help him in pushing forward.

Today, I turned 43. I was upset that I didn't get to have my dad say Happy Birthday. When I sat down to dinner with my family, I got a FaceTime call from my dad. With all my dad has been through, he still remembered to call me and tell me, Happy Birthday. What a gift that was. (:

Thank you for your continued prayers for the Lord to strengthen my dad, to give the nurses and doctors wisdom, and for the Lord to continue to lead the way with where dad needs to be so he can get stronger and come home as soon as he can. We're so thankful for each of you. Lord, I pray that you would meet the needs of each person reading this and show them your awesome love and Presence today. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Linsey! What a sweet birthday blessing to get a Facetime call from your dad. I'm praying for him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2/22 Update

Wednesday, 4/14

The Big Day! 8/31/2021