Big News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (8/27/2021)

 The plan is for dad to come home Monday, August 30th. I'm so thankful to the Lord that he is able to come home. This is a huge deal for all of us- exciting and scary with all that goes into it but there is no other place we want my dad than home. He has been on the trach collar during the day doing great and on the ventilator at night for about 6 hours to ventilate CO2 to help him get stronger with the hope to eventually have him get off the ventilator completely and be able to get the trach removed. 

Please be praying that the transition home goes smoothly. That everything works out well with nurses, OT, PT, Speech, and that this helps my dad recover. Also for strength and endurance for mom as well as I know it is a lot. Even so, she is so happy to have him come home. Her love for dad is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Here's a post I wrote about it on my Blog: https://linseydriskill.com/2021/08/22/a-love-like-this/

I'll continue updating here also. Thank you again for praying for everything to go smoothly. So grateful for each of you who have walked with us, prayed with us, encouraged us, and been there for us. We are so grateful for your continued prayers and support and pray that the Lord blesses you and your family greatly.



Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, this is such terrific news! I will continue to pray for him as he transitions home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO HAPPY to read this! Wonderful news! Thank you, Linsey, for the update, and BIG hugs to all of you! This is such a milestone, and I know Tom will be glad to be home again. All of you have been so supportive of each other during this trying time, and I know all of our prayers and good, positive thoughts will continue winging their way to help you in the days ahead! Love, Aunt Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the best news I’ve heard in a long time!! Yahoo!!!! Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much, Judy!!!! Yes, great news!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, 4/14

2/22 Update

The Big Day! 8/31/2021